Thursday, May 3, 2012

Special needs poem inspired by our bear




You say I'm outside of the picture frame and you are all in
You say that I am different but you don't know the person within
People look at me and may think I am broken
I can't walk, cannot hear, no words have I spoken
You point and you whisper, you laugh and you stare
Sometimes you pretend that I'm not even there
But what you do not understand
Is I am perfect just as God planned
My smile is the sun on a cloudy day
I'm stronger than you think in every way
I try to speak no one understands
I make loud noises and shake my hands
Some people get scared and others turn to see
But that's how I talk that is just me
I may act different than the average bear
But I'm in the picture frame I'm definitely there
I work hard every day to complete just one task
Even if I need help I cannot ask
Sometimes it’s a struggle its hard and unfair
Don't say I'm not in the picture frame that I'm not there
I may not be the same as you
And do all the things that you can do
I have a purpose much bigger than being inside the picture frame
I am the wood, I am the grain
I give the world something not many people give
I give hope and courage in the way that I live
I hold it together, I'm beautiful and strong
I'm the frame not just the picture, I definitely belong


Written by:  Karen Grinstead and Julie Cantu






1 comment:

  1. How to Use a T-Shirt - Titanium Classic Stainless Steel
    ‎Amenities · ‎Mash, Gold, used ford edge titanium Silver womens titanium wedding bands and how strong is titanium Silver · ‎Amenities · gold titanium alloy ‎Lift, rainbow titanium Beauty, and Ritual

    ReplyDelete