Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby sister Madeleine

So when we first brought Madeleine home Elijah behaved like any child would.  He was jealous and cranky. He really didn't want to have much to do with her.  Every evening I would let Elijah hold Madeleine for cuddle time.  (In the evenings he has less energy so I know this is the best time for him to hold her, he is less likely to get overstimulated and accidentally hurt her.)  Sometimes he is happy to hold her and sometimes he will just look the other way.  Now that Madeleine is 3 months old she is able to sit in a bumbo seat.  So during the day I will sit her in her bumbo and put a tray on it. I sit Elijah next to her (I make sure his good hand is closest to her) and I put her toys on her tray.  Elijah is really interested in Madeleine's toys so he will dig through them and take them one by one off of her tray.  Madeleine just watches him with her eyes so wide as he shakes the toys in front of her!  It keeps them both busy and happy!  It is their own little game.  Now every time I bring Madeleine to Elijah he smiles and claps his hands, squealing with excitement!  I can't wait to see them grow and play together.  I just know they will be best buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment